Education and Professional Activities
- Undergraduate degree in Nutrition Sciences, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 2013
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery with high distinction, University of Nebraska-Medical Center College of Dentistry, 2017
- Masters of Science in Orthodontics and Orthodontic Certificate, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, 2019
Dr. Rachel Soyland is committed to remaining at the cutting-edge of the newest changes in orthodontic techniques and technology. Pursuing continuing educational opportunities, and availing herself of the benefits of professional memberships, ensures she provides her patients with the highest-quality orthodontic experience.
Dr. Rachel is an active member of the:
- American Association of Orthodontists
- American Dental Association
- South Dakota Dental Association
- Southeastern District Dental Society
These organizations offer numerous avenues for learning, including online courses, conferences, lectures, and seminars. They also provide a range of journals and periodicals that address emerging technologies, changes in methodologies, and ongoing research.
Outside of Orthodontics
In December 2019, following her orthodontic residency in Oklahoma City, OK, Dr. Rachel returned to her hometown of Sioux Falls. She and her fiancé, Phillip, met while in residency; they were engaged in Aruba in December 2019 and are planning to wed in 2021.
Outside of seeing patients, Dr. Rachel values time with her family, friends, and fiancé, as well as hiking, running, snowboarding, and reading. She is passionate about continually challenging herself, whether training for a half marathon, hiking a difficult trail, or learning a new skill.
She particularly enjoys traveling to a new city or country and immersing herself in its culture. Wherever she is, whatever she is doing, whoever she is with, Dr. Rachel is constantly striving to expand her knowledge and grow her experiences.